The best examples :
- Identified details
- Interesting to see the material in context (substrates)
- Interesting to understand the history/context -opportunity to explain
- Technical analysis - construction and terminology
- Use bullet points and arrows rather than paragraphs to describe
- Critical engagement - deconstruct the type - What are the characteristics of the product- Do they fit? What does it really mean?
- Eg Serif - aithority, make connections
Ideas for Type journal
Look at Yellow pages ads
Record clever pieces of design
Exercise - 550 words
A5 flyer double sided
Hierarchy - What will grab their attention
Think purpose. who for, what is important in that context.
Which info will go on which side