- Can be purely ambient, literal or for narration.
- Reinforce the graphics
- Decide what you want to communicate through the graphics
- Avoid songs which already have strong visual associations unless deliberate.
- Importance of synchronisation
- Rock is hard to animate to
After Effects importing sound
Import MP4, drag and drop into composition, can key frame volume in and out. If Waveform goes into the red/tellow is too lound reduce DB
Use Ctl8 to mark out beats on Sound Track.
Aiff/wav not compressed whereas MP3 and MP$ are. Keep same format.
Dont use 300dpi resolution images in AE as will slow everything down - too large . Use 72 dpi.
Composition Label layers in Photoshops to ensure they are clear in After effects.