Tuesday 31 January 2012

First attempt with 3D

The AfterEffects workshop with Mike proved useful.  I had been looking at the Video copilot 3D tutorial Chris had put up on the Tech form.  I showed Mike the 2D compositions I ahd produced and explained I would like to create a 3d walk through effect.  He gave me a quick run though how to create camera layers and also how to parent a light to the camera to start creating shadows.


He recommended i switch off the Camera auto orientation.








As I had developed all my album animations as separate compositions this enabled me to use these to create a new compositions using 3d layers.  I had to adjust some of the animation and also learn how to use cameras, lights and shadows - All quite a lot trickier than it first appears!

No comments:

Post a Comment