I suddenly realised that Disney would probably have a 'themed' ride of some kind and sure enough they have a Dumbo ride.... their target audience is a lot younger than mine and also everything is at the extreme of a pastiche of what a circus is (Cartoon like). Perhaps I need to use this as a basis and do the opposite of how I want my visuals to look? Something all together more sophisticated more approaching a highend art exhibition than theme park ride.
How my Circus Concept could work
- I imagine that my Circus experience would be a target audience of all ages, although a family shared experience would be appropriate
- The experience would not be free so the target audience would have to be be salaried
- The focus would be on authenticity so real performers would be used throughout (similar to The London dungeons but with better Graphics)
- The experience would be both an informative/educational but also hands on
- It would be like running away to the circus for the day
- It would differentiate itself from just going to a Circus performance by the historical context and the workshops.
- There would be a 'parade' of wagons which you could join which take you on a historical journey through Circus of all ages. With the aid of a 'Ring Master' Visiting the animals, acrobats, fire eating, clowns with all the familiar sites, smells and sounds associated with a Circus Big top.
- There could be an opportunity to try workshops/ at some point in the experience to make it interactive.
- A Circus themed cafe.
I think rather than being a Museum of Circus it would be more appropriate to name it A Circus Experience/ A day at the Circus/