We defined a mini rationale/position statement for each brief . This will provide a standard to which results could be compared to and fed back on.
A......investigation of................. with a focus on............
We also defined why we were going to do the brief
I am going to.....because this will......
We also defined the product,range and method of distribution for each.
Develop a Campaign strategy for the branding and promotion of a Creative Hub, The Loft Space
- Working on a live brief
- Meeting deadlines
- Screen printing
- Identify recycled paper/ethical sourcing
- Explore design for print and web
- Creative Industry in an ethical environment / Local community
What content will it allow you to explore
- Creative /business networks in my area/ how they promote themselves
- Identify opportunities for further live briefs
- Explore ethical printing & design
- Screen printing
- Explore campaigns/seasonal ranges
- Screen printed products for actual distribution
- Potential; web/social media design
- Design a campaign strategy for a twelve month period
- Branding signage/shop collateral/ labels, packaging
A research based investigation of Creative hubs and Artist studios with a focus on promotion and ethics
Why? I am going to develop a Branding Strategy and Promotional Campaign for The Loft Space as this allows me to work with a live client and also opens up local networking opportunities
Products: A set of boards to present the Campaign and Branding strategy to the client
Range: - Signage, tags, packaging, promotional collateral
Method of distribution: Exploring Print, web and social media based outcomes
Extend research on links between culture/design/music/art from 1960's to present day. Explore most engaging/ inspiring method to communicate the links
- Gathering a huge body of facts/statistics and organising into a database
- Illustrator and/or In design skills development
- Info graphic
- App design
- Explore historical Cultural links will inform practise/ Already have a large amount of research from first and second year/ extend
- Info graphic or other
- Exciting/opportunity to push outcome and experiment
- Large scale exhibition piece/ Think V&A or similar
- Research into Design/Culture to inform practise
- Info graphic or other form to communicate a large body of facts
- Experimental large scale piece
A research based investigation to explore links between culture and design with a focus on info graphics or exhibition style pieces
Why? I am going to o pull together a lot of data already gathered and extend this to give me content to explore producing a large scale piece of design.
Range: To be defined by research could be Info graphic, books, posters or larger scale piece
Methods of distribution to be defined by research but potentially a Design Museum
The theme of the brief started life from a D&AD 2012 brief about Typo 2011. I have extended this now to be about Typo 2012.
The content will be based around Typo 2012 The deliverable will be defined following the skills research exploring trans media/interactive/use design. Potential outcomes will be re- branding for the event and proposed conference supporting material (print or interactive as research dictates)
- Type and layout skills - develop and experiment for print and screen
- Explore web/mobile technology - may link to App design brief.
- Potential collaboration
- Illustrator/in design skills
- Creative industry/Education
- Actually attending the Typo conference this year for primary research
- Research four speakers (designers/typographers) at this years event
- Maps /layout of the buildings
- Speaker content - latest developments in Typography and design
- A re-brand for the event which is appropriate
- Design boards for suitable digital content
- Signage/Conference handbook/map if appropriate could be print or screen based
A typographical investigation of Typo 2012 with a focus on innovative technology/trans media
Why? I am attending this years Typo 2012 where speakers discuss the latest advances in typography and design so it seems appropriate and also provides the content to explore this in a practical sense.
What makes a successful App?
Conduct extensive research into the world of Apps including completing an on line e-learning course. Identify a suitable concept/content to take forward as an App design.
- Designing an App
- Greater awareness and understanding of mobile technology
- Better understanding of designing for mobile technology
- Potential storyboards
- Explore trans media
- Interactive/user design
- Potentially get a placement to extend research/understanding
- Will be driven by the research
- Potential to link with any of other three briefs but especially brief 3
- Boards of design proposals for App
- A body of research
A skills based investigation of mobile technology design with a focus on communication between developers and designers.
Why? I am going to explore mobile technology as Design is constantly moving and this is one area I need to understand to provide Branding and promotion across all platforms.