Thursday 2 February 2012

Reworking the lights

I asked Lorraine for some advice about why my light was creating a shadow at the front and not at the back.  She explained how the lights work and where they need to be placed .  She recommended a second light which is placed opposite the other one at about 30% intensity of the other.  This is the drawing she did - it actually helped me understand cameras in a 'physical way as up to this point I had just been experimenting with different transform and light options , seeing the effect ons screen.


The original lights was placed as below:







The two lights and repositioning proved more effective.  I think given more time I could have worked on the positioning on each album cover.  I also enhanced the 3d effect by adding shadow effects to each album cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment