Tuesday 7 February 2012

The DVD package

For a while now I have been conscious I wanted to produce a cover which did the subject justice.... i wanted too ideally create something quite clever maybe die cut like the Physical Graffiti album .  I like the effect achieved on this Jazzanova In between CD cover:


This is actually really heavy cardboard and bound in a book - a bridge to far on the Sunday night before hand in!


I found these CD templates on line which include bleed print marks etc so this allowed me to concentrate on the design rather than the template. cd-dvd-artwork-templates

















Pleased with the layout and colours (The Design module is making me think harder about this) .  I had to compromise on paper weight as printing at Rossingon Street was limited on stock.  I used a 230gsm matt stock which works but think a satin slightly heavier stock would have produced brighter colours and would have been stronger.  Could have been lined up and crafted better but overall think it does the digital work justice,



No comments:

Post a Comment