Friday 25 May 2012

OUGD203 Evaluation


BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN LEVEL 05
Module Code   OUGD203
 Module Title DESIGN Practice 2




END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION


NAME Lisa Whitaker BLOG. ADDRESS http://l-whitaker1013.blogspot.com


1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
Indesign software skills – starting to find my way around this software and linking files from photoshop and Illustrator
Type and layout – My eye for layout is definitely improving after the Design module with Graham.  Thinking about readability, hierarchy and grid layout more effectively.
Collaboration – getting the right balance between project management and not taking over to much.


2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
I have re-visted book binding techniques and would have liked more time to extend this.  Limitation with printing/time meant could only try Japanese stab binding, screw posts and perfect binding.
Improving vectoring skills in Ilustrator has opened up more opportunities for my design outcomes.


3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?


Extensive research and analysis has enabled me to focus on a ‘real’ product and problem
Improving attention to type and layout
Project planning and tenacity has allowed me to develop this brief extensively
Growing confidence in asking for help from experts eg Book binding at Vernon Street
I am researching more Innovative Graphic Design which is contributing to stronger design outcomes




4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
Found it difficult Project managing everything we had to do since Easter however this was partly down to me having too much of a break at Easter!
I have not blogged as much project development as I have been progressing along which created a bottleneck, giving me a problem hitting the deadline.


5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
I still need to make time to  put pen to paper more with editorial layouts, logo development and storyboarding.  
I do make action lists and plan my time in my notebook however I have not documented this on the blog.  I want to find a digital method which can be easily uploaded to Blogger so I get credit for this. 
I tried to achieve too much on both YCN and Product briefs which meant that I did not execute some of the outcomes as effectively as I could.  
Think about what is really being asked for as an outcome ie with Product I spent a lot of time making products which in the end were not required at hand in.  maybe could have digitally mocked up more of the products.




6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas: 
(please indicate using an ‘x’)  


5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor
1 2 3 4 5
Attendance 4
Punctuality 4
Motivation 5
Commitment 5
Quantity of work produced 5
Quality of work produced 3
Contribution to the group  5
The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment