Friday, 1 October 2010

Alphabet soup- initial design development

Tuesday 28 and Wednesday 29 Sept
The 'loop' link to knit lead me to research loop fonts.  I played around with the word 'knit' and the letter 'k' in Photoshop. as follows




This lead me to experimenting with 'knitting fonts together.  I used the 'paint brush' tool to achieve this.


Sciptina Pro (caps), Gigi (lowercase), 






The Scriptina Pro font is really loopy i tried following the flow of it with wool, as above.

I also played around with 'Knitting' words overlayed over the same font.
I did not know how to type text strings into a path in Photoshop.  I found a website heathrowe.com/textinapath which helped me understand this.  I used the scriptina pro capital font for this.


I also scanned a jumper so I could play about with 'knitted' imagery in Photoshop.





2 comments:

  1. Such a creative and thoughtful approach to the Alphabet Soup brief! Using the 'loop' concept as a bridge between knitting and typography is genuinely clever — and the way you experimented with Scriptina Pro to follow the natural flow of the letterforms shows a real understanding of how font personality can drive a design concept. The combination of Scriptina Pro (caps) with Gigi (lowercase) is a surprisingly elegant pairing too. Font exploration like this is at the heart of good design work. For anyone diving deeper into typeface research and looking for beautifully crafted fonts — especially for non-Latin scripts — Jameel Noori and Urdu Fonts are two excellent resources worth exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the more informative posts I’ve read recently. The explanations are clear, the structure is well organized, and there are several useful takeaways throughout the article. For readers interested in exploring digital entertainment and creative tools, YouCine offers streaming and entertainment resources, TeaTV focuses on streaming information across supported devices, and Remini provides AI-powered photo enhancement features. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

    ReplyDelete